How do I get rid of a memory hole(in cortexm0plus)?

I have been playing with (gcc/binutils)-arm-none-eabi
recently and they have this 'flash configuration field'
in those cortex m0plus thingies.
It is 16 bytes large and sits at address 0x400 of the
flash memory. There's usable flash before and after it.
Currently I am having this config field in its own section
and I am using a linker script to place it at a fixed address.
this does generate a memory hole before it.

in the .S file:
[...]
.section .fconf
__fconf:
        .byte     BackDoorK0, BackDoorK1, BackDoorK2, BackDoorK3
        .byte     BackDoorK4, BackDoorK5, BackDoorK6, BackDoorK7
        .byte     0xFF,       0xFF,       0xFF,       0xFF
        .byte     EEPROT,      FPROT,     FSEC,       FOPT
        .size __fconf, . - __fconf
[...]

in the linker script:
[...]
SECTIONS
{
        .text :
        {
                KEEP(*(.isr_vector))
                KEEP(*(.isr_vector_noncore))
                . = 0x400;
                KEEP(*(.fconf))
                *(.text*)
[...]

Now I would like to use this space between the end of the
isr vectors and the start of fconf. How to do that?