Re: the same gcc binary emits warnings on one machine but not on another

On 10/20/2016 12:02 PM, john smith wrote:
Just for the record - both compilers are x32-bit binaries.

You said "both compilers" but the subject mentions "the same gcc
binary."  Can you clarify which it is?

Are they one and the same installation of GCC, say on NFS, or two
distinct copies of the same GCC build), or are they the result of
two different builds of the same version of GCC?

If the former I would expect the same output from both.  If the
latter, in addition to making sure the translation units are the
same (as others mentioned, use -E or -save-temps to create them)
I would also suggest to compare the verbose compiler output with
the -v option to make sure both drivers specify the same set of
command line options to invoke cc1.

Posting the -v output here for each of the two invocations along
with the test case (one that doesn't include any headers) will
make it more likely for someone to be able to help more.

Martin