Re: Clarification for parameters around the assembler

* Markus Elfring:

> Hello,
>
> Do you know any more parameters which can be passed to command options
> like "-Wa," and "-Xassembler"?
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.2.0/gcc/Assembler-Options.html
>
> Can the naming convention be influenced for address labels in generated
> source code for example?

Not by changing the assembler command line arguments because the
assembler is the consumer, not the generator of assembly code produced
by GCC.  Assembler flags are described in the assembler manual.  For a
GNU system, that's in the binutils/GAS documentation.

I don't think it is possible to make substantial changes to the labels
generated without changing the GCC backend code (but if it's all about
labels, it's probably not too difficult to do so).