Re: C++ exception handler on gnu arm cortex m4

On 27/09/16 09:58, Markus Klemm wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using the gnu compiler suite for my arm cortex m4 project. But every
> throw produces a hard fault, even on simple
>
> try {throw 4;} catch(...){}
>
> scenarios. __cxa_throw jumps right to _ZSt9terminatev, after
> __cxa_begin_catch returns, which should AFAIK never return.
>
> Are there any common problems leading to this behavior?
>
> Specific I'm using Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0. with the GNU ARM C/C++
> Cross Compiler Version: 1.12.1.201502281154 for our FRDM-KV31F.

I don't recognize any of the above in terms of an FSF GCC release, so
there's little we can do to help, especially without a full test case.

Have you checked that Kinetis are not disabling exception support in
their libraries?  It's not uncommon for embedded code to do this since
the overheads of exception unwind data and handling code can become
quite significant.  Calling terminate when an exception is thrown is
expected behaviour if exception undwinding is disabled.

R.