Re: Problem with -m64 on Solaris 11

On Do, 2016-09-08 at 12:55 -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> On 09/08/2016 12:11 PM, Sascha Frick wrote:
>
> Let me see what I can do here.
Hi Dennis,

thank you for your immediate response.

> Firstly you should not be using the GNU as but the as provided by the
> vendor on that system. Also, check that you do not have LD_OPTIONS
> environment variable set.
Here is the problem, I do not have a vender-provided as an the system
(yet), I wrote an Email to the admin of the system and hope this will
change in the near future.

> If you want a decent gcc that will absolutely work I can give you a
> link.  In any case, a 32-bit compile on sparcv9 is no problem if you
> are
> using the Oracle/Sun assembler and linker :
If you can point me to a solution I can use without admin permissions,
it would be much appreciated.

> mimas $ /usr/local/gcc4/bin/gcc -v -m32 -c -o hello_32bit.o hello.c
> [...]
Your verbose output was very useful, thanks!

I hope to be able to reproduce your steps after the admin installed a
Solaris provided assembler and linker. But if there is a chance I can
get it working in the mean time with a solution you can give me the
link to, I am willing to install a working build environment on my own.

Again, thanks for your help,
Sascha