Re: Re: GCC ICE bug with segfault...

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 11:54 PM, lhmouse <lh_mouse@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Got 6.2 and tried it. No ICE.
> Perhaps the bug occurs on trunk only.

Ah yes -- I think I recall now (just rebuilt 6.1 on my end, no ICE for
the reported -Wall bug). I was having unrelated issues with 6.1 (from
distant memory, if using precompiled header, c++ compiler would exit
early and silently when building the final exe). I was going to
experiment with things like -Wall, -Winvalid-pch, -v, -H options,
anonymous spaces, etc. and also to see whether the trunk had exhibited
the same problem for me (presumption being that there is a bug in my
code or my gcc build which triggers the observed behavior)... and then
I hit the -Wall bug on trunk and by the time I had found a moment to
reduce the test case I had forgotten that -Wall wasn't necessarily
buggy in 6.1 etal :) mea culpa :)

> That is also why
> I don't build development versions.

I agree... well, mostly for the production runs... for other cases I'm
not against it (the more play the trunk receives the more chances for
the bugs to be discovered and ironed out earlier :) ... presuming one
has the time of course :)

> E:\Desktop>g++ -v                                                                                                                                                                           [...]
>                 Thread model: mcf
[...]

Interesting, thanks! Learned something new today -- the mcf threading
model :) I'll read up on it :)