Re: Standardized instructions for cross-compiling toolchain?

On 05/04/2016 06:46 PM, Michael Habibi wrote:
> I think the reason we went with crosstool-ng in the past is that we
> are using a custom built distribution based on a vanilla kernel and
> some various open source/IP added on top. Over time, we have needed to
> upgrade gcc/glibc to pick up changes/CVEs, etc. Given that, I don't
> think we can simply leverage the target files of another available
> distribution and expect it to plug into ours cleanly for the purposes
> of rebuilding gcc.

Sure, but it gets you a working compiler to begin with without you
having to build your own libc first, even if it's the "wrong" distro.
When you have the "right" distro you can build it again.  This is,
more or less, what crosstool does.

Each to their own.

Andrew.