Re: gcc base and peak options for spec-2006

On 2/29/2016 10:22 AM, Alex Markin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to find the gcc base and peak options for SPECCPU-2006, but
> I can't see it among spec.org published results. In particularly I
> need base and peak options for gcc-5 or newer on the
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz for 64-bit linux system, or
> something close. The only source I've found was here:
> https://vmakarov.fedorapeople.org/spec/. So there are two questions:
>
> 1. Are there any other peak options for new versions of gcc
> 2. Why are there no published results on spec.org?
>
> Thanks for answers.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Markin Alex
It's right there in the URL you gave.  SPEC rules don't allow repairs in
the sources where they don't compile when standards are enforced.
The peak flags quoted there don't comply with SPEC rules.  Evidently,
you would need to change the core-avx2 flag quoted for Haswell, to run
with your older platform.
Competitive SPEC performance, under the rules, requires
auto-parallelization which catches all the cases in the suite.

--
Tim Prince