Re: difficulty building gcc 4.6.3 on MacOS

I wrote:
> I'm trying to build gcc 4.6.3 on MacOS 10.9.5 (Mavericks).

Problem solved.  I'm not sure this was the right fix, but
I created symlinks in /usr/local/lib for dylib1.10.5.o and
crt1.10.5.o, pointing to the actual, obscure Xcode location
underneath /Applications/Xcode.app/, and this enabled my gcc
build to make it through all three stages successfully.

> The problem may stem from combining an older version of gcc with
> a newer version of MacOS...

I suspect the problem is that 4.6.3 predates the Xcode shift to
clang, which changed everything.

> (For my own convenience I had already created a symlink
> /usr/include pointing to Xcode's standard headers hiding
> underneath /Applications/Xcode.app, and I suspect that symlink
> ended up helping earlier steps in the gcc build to succeed.)

(This note left here just in case anyone with the same problem
finds this in the archives looking for help.)