How to get access/visibility of functions, variables, typedefs and templates?

>From a gcc plugin I'm attempting to get the access modifier of various tree
declarations, as in whether a function/field/variable/typedef/template is
declared public/protected/private. I initially thought 'DECL_VISIBILITY()'
was it but it doesn't seem to be what I want. Nothing is jumping out at me
in the headers, doing web searches, or what I could find in the archive. Any
suggestion(s)? As always- thank you.