Re: Trying to download GCC v5.3

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, Carl (Tom) Coulter wrote:
> I am trying to download the GCC compiler (v.5.3).  I have been to
> gcc.gnu.org and see under Downloads (right-hand side) “Mirror sites” &
> “Binaries”.
>
> Unfortunately, it’s not clear exactly where to do to download the compiler
> or its source code.

if you go to "Mirror sites", you'll see a couple of servers that
host our source code in various countries.

Pick one, then go to the "releases" subdirectory and there look
for the directory labeled "gcc-5.3.0".

(Seeing that you seem to be based in the US, I just tried the
three mirrors listed for the US and got to the actual bits
following these instructions.  You'll only need either the
.tar.gz or the .tar.bz2, not both.)

Hope this helps,
Gerald