Re: How to compile gcc entirely with an external compiler?

On 01/06/2016 10:58, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
Could you elaborate? What clashes?

I have clang as a major compiler on FreeBSD. But fortran is supported through gcc. When gcc builds libgfortran, it makes it depend on its own libgcc.so instead of the system libgcc.so (which is from the older gcc version due to licensing). This makes libgfortran incompatible with any c++ binaries built with system clang. I was hoping to find the way to build libgfortran.so with clang to link it against the system libgcc.so.

Yuri