Re: [OpenACC] libgomp: cuMemHostGetDevicePointer error: invalid device

Hi!

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:27:32 +0300, Νίκος Αντωνιάδης <annikos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've downloaded and compiled the latest gcc: [...]

> using the instructions from
> http://scelementary.com/2015/04/25/openacc-in-gcc.html
> in order to enable the OpenACC support in gcc.

Thanks for your interest!

> GPU: GeForce GTX 275

According to the table on <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA>, GeForce
GTX 275 supports Compute Capability 1.3, but GCC (in particular, the
nvptx backend) only supports 3.0 and higher.

> libgomp: cuMemHostGetDevicePointer error: invalid device

Not an ideal error message, I agree.

> I would like to mention that CUDA is working well on my machine.
> Is it a misconfiguration/miscompilation of myself while compiling gcc or
> a bug in libgomp?

Missing support in GCC's nvptx backend, primarily.  And, that's unlikely
to be added, unless someone steps up to contribute/maintain such support.

Grüße
 Thomas