Re: GCC internals - Instruction Patterns

On 10/05/2015 07:56 PM, htio2 wrote:
I am new to gcc compiler backend. I am currently studying how to the .md file
to have a understanding.

The thing that I don't understand is:

I understand the standard pattern like movsi and etc, but I can see some
pattern like movsi_internal, movsi_internal_v850e and etc, my question is
where in the spec can I find them ? and where are they define ?
Pattern names not mentioned in the internals manual are there primarily to make dumps easier to read. In fact, if the name starts with a "*", then its sole purpose is to make debugging dumps easier to read. Neither the generic parts of the compiler, nor the target specific parts of the compiler can directly refer to those patterns by name.

Jeff