Re: How to suppress "warning: -fPIC ignored for target..." under Cygwin

On 19 August 2015 at 09:10, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Under Cygwin, GCC prints out the following warning and the head of
> each file it compiles when using -fPIC.
>
> I want to avoid removing PIC because its not clear to me when PIE may
> (or may not) be automatically present. That is, users of older
> platforms may not have it by default.

That warning has been there since well before 2003 (I couldn't be
bothered tracing the history back past a file rename in 2003).

I doubt anyone is using versions of Cygwin older than that anyway.

> What is the -Wno-XXX used to disable the warning?

There isn't one.

>How do I suppress
> the extraneous output?

Don't use -fPIC on Cygwin.