Re: std::function and shared object libraries

> The instantiation is in your shared library.
>
> The address of that instantiation is assigned to fun._M_manager
Ah, that's what I missed the first time. The rest makes sense.

Thanks for the help, by the way. Just to get this through my skull, the
reason the program segfaults is because the _M_manager code for the
instantiated internal function template is found in the shared object,
which is not accessible once unloaded, right?

Sadly, I can't realistically null the function pointers in my applicationwhen unloading the shared libraries (plugins). The function objects are
actually made by an object in the main application when the plugin calls
a function to register a callback. I'll just make sure the plugins for
my application remain loaded until the object handling the callbacks
destructs.

Thanks for the help.