Re: Problems building Binutils-2.25

On 9 June 2015 at 21:23, Ellis N. Thomas wrote:
>         Since my hardware remains the same from the time when I built gcc4.7.2 (only the
> system software has been upgraded), is it possible to build "as" by specifying a target using
> i386-apple-darwin13.4.0?

I don't think so.

You could try not using your gcc 4.7.2 (since it is configured and
built for a different OS than the one you're running, which isn't
likely to work well) and use the toolchain that comes with xtools
instead.

But I think the problem is that binutils just doesn't support your OS.
You might just have to use the Apple linker and assembler that come
with xtools.