Re: to install c and c++ compiler on OS X Yosemite 10.10 3

On 23 May 2015 at 03:54, hilary wrote:
> That's what my lecturer said:
>
> You dont need to build the compiler yourself… it comes with Xcode, so you
> should already have it installed. Otherwise make sure you have run
> "xcode-select --install”

OK, so make sure you have run that, and not "cd xcode-select" and "$ git" !

xcode-select is a command, not a directory, so don't try to 'cd' into it!

> I just want to build and run  C and C++ source code in terminal.

You should be able to do that with xcode installed. The command to
compile C code is "clang" and the command to compile C++ code is
"clang++" but this list is for GCC, not Xcode or Clang, so for further
help I suggest you find another forum.