Re: gnu_parallel STL not vectorized?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, Tim Prince wrote:

From the looks of gcc 6.0, it appears that gnu_parallel STL is slated to
become part of the release.

Could you be more specific about what you are talking about and where you got your information?

Parallel mode has been a part of libstdc++ for several years:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/parallel_mode.html

Am I right in believing that gnu_parallel STL code is not simd
vectorized?

It is not manually vectorized, but the compiler is free to do it if it can.

Will there be an option to change this?
PR60117 may be related in that it is a case where simd reduction is
avoided with OpenMP.  It's still marked unconfirmed even though I see
that a useful discussion was appended over a year ago.

There are always bugs...

--
Marc Glisse