Specify -ldl with libasan in XGCC Specs

This is (hopefully)  related to the previous issue I posted about
libgcc failing to build on Android.  I ran gcc -dumpspec, xgcc
-dumpspec, compared the two and noticed that, for the *link_command
-ldl is specified with -lpthread for static-libasan for the installed
GCC and is not for the *link_command portion of the newly built
XGCC...which appears to be used for building libgcc.

Is there a way to change the link_command for the newly built xgcc so
that it includes -ldl?

Alternatively, if I am off track with troubleshooting, let me know.