Re: GCC 4.7 on Android G++ Compiler Build Fail "This Linker Not Config To Use Sysroots"

On Sat, 2014-09-27 at 18:33 -0500, Cyd Haselton wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 6:46 AM,  <gcc-help-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > No matter which config flags I use, the build keeps failing with
> > "/usr/local/bin/ld" this linker is not configured touse sysroots"
> > I've checked the specs for the ld at that location, and it does
> > support sysroot.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> > First question would be : are you using those config flags to build
> > binutils (to support sysroots) and install it, then build gcc?
>
> Do I need to download the source for binutils and build it as well?

I can't be certain and I was hoping my dumb question would elicit "of
course" or "no" from the real experts...

But given the way binutils and the compiler have to interoperate, I
think it's likely that you do. That's the normal process when building
crosscompilers (which you aren't) so it may also be when you're
selecting unusual config options (which you are).

Binutils is much faster to build than gcc so it's not a difficult
question to answer for yourself. Naively, I'd feed the same set of
config options to binutils and let it ignore the ones it doesn't need.

Then having a "synchronised" version of ld etc in the same sysroot, you
could eliminate the --with-ld= option pointing at the other one.

If you make progress that way, keep the list informed.

- Brian