Re: Printing out of a C-programm

On 31 Aug 2014 08:41 GMT
"Jakob Bucher" <jbbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My printer, Brother HL-2040, does not accept print-jobs out of a C-program. It works, however, perfectly on the lpr-command, with office applications and emacs.
>
> System: openSuse Linux 13.1
> Compiler: GNU C-compiler 4.8-2.1.2
> Driver: Brother HL-2060-CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9
>
> The printer can be opened as a file, but it does not react on the "putc" command  nor on fprintf.
> Printer status: ready,  printing que emty;
>
> What can be done?

Did you try to flush the output to the file / printer?

See: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdio/fflush/?kw=fflush

Also, try to provide more relevant information.
What file do you try to print to? Does the printer support raw output?
(I'm not at all an expert in printing, so maybe someone can help out
here?)

Regards
Christoph