Re: C++ name mangling in C

Cytowanie Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx>:

So you want GCC to behave like a C++ compiler. It can already do that.

Just use C++.

If you get errors, fix them.

Easier said than done. I think it will take about month of work to change
our code base in order to compile it using g++. We are planning to do this
eventually, but not now. Because of this I am looking for some temporary
solution to use now.

It will be a lot easier to fix your code than to modify GCC to do what
you're requesting.

I do not know GCC internals so I cannot estimate effort for such modification. I thought that this will not be so hard, but looks that is is not so easy.

BTW, I realized that there may be an easier way to do such validation in GCC - write information about each function prototype (found where function is implemented) and each function call to object files (e.g. as debug data or in other format), and use it to perform validation in linker. What do you think about this?

--
Regards,
Daniel