Re: How to uninstall pre-installed previous version and install new

On 06/08/14 11:11, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari wrote:
I have set following paths in .bashrc to correspond to the latest
installation of gcc
export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gcc-4.9.1/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/gcc-4.9.1/lib:/opt/gcc-4.9.1/lib64

but still on run time the previous binaries/libraries are being found

[rcm@rcm ~]$ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

How to handle this?

PATH is usually read left to right, so you'd want to add your new path to the beginning like so:

export PATH=/opt/gcc-4.9.1/bin:$PATH

Kyrill

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari