Re: Need help in changing the register value for function value return

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I am working on a project for my school in which we are trying to support few features of HP OPEN VMS. I provided the D7 register number instead of D0 in m68k.h and m68k.c for macros such as FUNCTION_VALUE, FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P, and even included D7 in CALL_USED_REGISTERS. Seems like its not working. Also I tried changing the macros in linux.h. But it dint help too. I am unable to understand how is the processor actually working for the function return by value. I will try modifying the m68k.md and m68kemb.h files. In the meantime if you have anything to share regarding its working, it would be of great help. Thanks once again

Regards
Kavitha