Re: Best Gcc for IA64?

>On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Seima Rao <seimarao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>     I want to try out the full IA64 contribution to gcc.
>>
>>     Please advise as to which gcc is sufficient?
>>
>>     p.s. I am specifically looking for sw pipelining,
>>            global instr sched, interprocedural reg alloc,
>>           "the full VLIW works", etc.

>I'm not sure what you are asking, as there is only one GCC.  You will
>probably do better to use the latest release, which is 4.9.0.

>Ian

I have already built the "latest cross gcc (i.e 4.1.1) that is available through

crosstool-ng".

Unfortunately, 4.1.1 offers very little Ia64 goodies.

In such a case , 4.9.0 is definitely ideal.

However, the last time I ventured out of croostool-ng land

into beyond 4.1.1 gccs, i ran into lots of trouble.

Therefore, I was hoping for help from tried hands all over the ia64 community.

The information I need are the following:

gcc-version for all latest (ia64) optimizations
gcc-core-version
glibc-version
binutils-version
linux-libc-headers-version