helping the compiler with asserts-hints to optimize

Hi,
I was wondering the existence of some kind of builtins methods to help
the compiler to increase the optimization giving information of
possible values for certain variables.

For example, in many cases we use assert(); to ensure some constraints
(some variable will contain certain values or ranges). I think this
will be very helpful information for the compiler to do better
optimizations.

I saw the expected builtin function but is only for expressions and is
not necessary the same.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Agustin