Re: Building gcc with gmp source is failing with "Can't find gmp headers" (Centos 6.5)

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unless you're doing this specifically to use the Graphite loop
> optimisations the simplest thing is just to forget about cloog
> entirely, and most of the problems you're having go away (although
> you'll still need to install the 32-bit glibc packages or disable
> multilib).

OK thanks all - it seems to work. My new gcc 4.4.0 build completed
successfully and runs fine, and "ldd cc1plus" shows that the only
dynamic library dependency is libc. Exactly what I hoped for.

I am comparing that to an older shared gcc 4.4.0 build, which used the
"difficult, error-prone" way (to quote you Jonathan) - in that case
"ldd cc1plus" lists a further 8 libraries that have to be found
dynamically (covering gmp, mpfr, ppl, cloog, stdc++ and gcc_s).

I will ignore graphite loop optimisations for now and we might look at
them after we move to 4.8 if it can be built with CLooG in similar
self-contained fashion.

Cheers