Re: Raspberry Pi cross compiler

On 03/17/2014 10:04 AM, Kevin Ingwersen wrote:

> I want to compile a cross-compiler from my Mac to Raspberry Pi. I
> wanted to know, how I can do that?
> Currently I am running on latest OS X, MacBook Air.
> Any help?

Sure.  First make sure that you can compile and run C programs on both
your Raspberry Pi and your MacBook.

Then, unpack GCC's source code and make sure that you can build and
install it on your MacBook.  http://gcc.gnu.org/install/

Now copy the root filesystem from your Raspberry Pi to your MacBook.
Your cross-compiler is going to need this for libraries and header
files.  You might as well copy all of it.

Now, in a fresh directory, configure GCC:

   <GCC srcdir>/configure --target=armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf --sysroot=<Path to the Pi's copied root filesistem> --prefix=<where you want GCC to be instalkled>

Andrew.