Any way to output information on compiler-generated temporary variables in gcc?

Hello,

I'd like to gather/output information (size, offset, type -- if possible) of compiler-generated temporaries generated by gcc during compilation. I have looked through the compiler options related to generating debug information but am unsure whether there is an option available that will already give me this information in some form.

Does anyone on this list know of a quick and relatively straightforward method for gathering and outputting this information if it hasn't already been done before?

Thanks!

Michele