Re: Aw: Re: How to compile gcc toolchain with special sysroot correctly?

> I didn't say that you should compile a new glibc.  I assumed that was
> your goal.  It is an eccentric thing to be doing.

Ok, so one possibility would be to use a new gcc + ld on an old glibc, correct?

What would be the correct way to do that? If a library is found in the local installation, it was from our gcc (e.g.: ~/local/lib/gcc...), so we use it, but if it was not found, get it from the system, i.e. /usr/lib. The same for the headers. How to tell gcc to behave like that? A combination of "--sysroot" and "-L" does not seem to do the job, I think.

Many thanks on advance.

--
Diese E-Mail wurde aus dem Sicherheitsverbund E-Mail made in
Germany versendet: http://www.gmx.net/e-mail-made-in-germany