Re: C++ exceptions

On 23 November 2013 16:11, vijay nag wrote:
> Ok I found the problem. There seems to exist stack similar stack
> unwind definition in glibc as well and linker was picking definitions
> from libc rather than from libgcc_s.so since libc was first in the
> default link order although I don't understand why linker is not
> throwing multiple definition error.

Because the first definition that is found gets used, that's how
shared libraries work.

> So I had to explicitly specify this order "-Wl,--start-group -lgcc_s
> -lgcc -lc -Wl,--end-group" in linker command line arguments to pick-up
> definitions from libgcc_s.so rather than from libc.

If you'd using ld to link then it's your job to get the command right.
If you use gcc to link then it should get it right automatically.

I've asked twice what commands you're using to compile and link, but
you won't provide that information for some reason.