error: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence

Hello all!

Below is snippet of function, when compiled by gcc, I have following error:

error: converting to execution character set: Illegal byte sequence
error: duplicate case value
error: previously used here

1st and 2nd error is connected with line:
case   L'„':
3rd error is connected with line
case   0:

AFAIK, it seems that compiler has problem with expression case   L'„': and
it will convert it to 0 which collidate with case 0: line.
How should I retype this problematic line?

Seems connected with gcc only (version 4.7.1 tdm-1). I can compile without
problem with MS Visual C++ 2008 Express, Visual C 6.0. Also C::B with Intel
compiler has no problem to compile this function.

Thanks for any help...

---------------------------
BOOL IsWordSeparator(WCHAR separator)
{