Re: gcc 4.8++ neglect my terminfo

Hi Marc,

Well it is more complex than I thought

First I lied, I was using 4.6 (I was mislead by my host that is 4.8)
but actually I was running an Xgcc that is

U82$ arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabi/4.6/lto-wrapper
.
.
.
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)

Then I use it with a minimalist env with no TERM and no *_COLORS, I
use it remote like this
$ ssh node "cd build-dir; make"

and I got garbage <esc>seq

When doing it with an interactive ssh like this

$ cd build-dir;
$ make

All is fine

The interactive session do have TERM=hpterm LANG=C and is fine

The remote invocation with forced TERM=hpterm like
$ ssh node "cd build-node; export TERM=hp;make"

fail, still have what I guess is ansi escape seq, so GCC don't respect
that TERM.

Now to my grand surprise
$ ssh node "cd build-node; export LANG=C;make"

Works fine, i.e no TERM= in env but LANG=C

So dunno why LANG=C as an influence on gcc coloring, without it, gcc
don't respect what you said about GCC_COLORS or TERM=

May be this is fixed with 4.8 then, but my xbuild is that old.

Cheers,
Phi