Re: Re: function order optimization

Did you mean "-fprofile-use=path" ? I read about it and it seems it
triggers other optimizations (loop unrolling, branch prediction) but
not the function order. Is this true, or does it optimize function
order as well?

Below is its excerpt from the manual:

Enable profile feedback directed optimizations, and optimizations generally
profitable only with profile feedback available.
The following options are enabled: -fbranch-probabilities, -fvpt,
-funroll-loops, -fpeel-loops, -ftracer, -ftree-vectorize,
ftree-loop-distribute-patterns
By default, GCC emits an error message if the feedback profiles do not
match the source code. This error can be turned into a warning by using
‘-Wcoverage-mismatch’. Note this may result in poorly optimized code.
If path is specified, GCC looks at the path to find the profile feedback data
files. See ‘-fprofile-dir’.
The following options control compiler behavior regarding
floating-point arithmetic.
These options trade off between speed and correctness. All must be
specifically enabled.