Re: error building gcc 4.8.1

On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 18:43 +0200, Roberto Nunnari wrote:
> Thought that maybe is better to have a different thread as the problem
> with configure should now be over.. but now I have another error
> during make

Did you try installing the 32bit support for your system, as I
suggested?  Since you're using a RedHat derivative you won't be able to
use apt-get but appropriate yum searches should yield the equivalent.

Also just a point of order: you generally _really_ don't want to be
building code as root.  A slight error in a make variable assignment or
similar can result in your entire system being trashed.

Build as a normal user, and install into a temporary directory and if it
all seems good, run "sudo make install" to install into the real
location when you're done (assuming you need root privileges to do so).