Re: Problem with Solaris 10 / SPARC

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now I'm wondering if I need to somehow suggest the specs during the
>> gcc build process to default to 64bit.
>
> You shouldn't need to do any of that or set any env variables.

Yeah, in theory that would be nice, but so far not having any luck
with it.  Two of the three dependent libraries will only work as
64-bit on Solaris / SPARC, and gcc will only by default compile as
32-bit, so it's a no-go.

As it stands, looks like I have two choices:

A. Communicate with the mpfr and mpc folks to see if there's any way
to get these to compile successfully in 32-bit mode. (Which I can do
with gmp!)

B. Figure out how to alter the specs behavior of the gcc during the
build process to default to 64-bit so that the xgcc stages will not
continue to insist to build 32-bit (despite what the env vars have
specified.)