Re: Ongoing Error in make stage2 building gcc-4.7.2

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Ellis N. Thomas
<extralevelinsoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         Applied this change and restarted make.  Completed stage3, got to
> "Comparing stages 2 and 3", gave:
> Comparing stages 2 and 3
> warning: gcc/cc1-checksum.o differs
> warning: gcc/cc1plus-checksum.o differs
> Comparison successful.

The checksum is routinely different.  This can be ignored.

>         It continued after this, but gave final error:
> ld: warning in ../../../src/gcc-4.7.2/libitm/clearcap.map, file is not of
> required architecture
> ld: pointer in read-only segment not allowed in slidable image, used in
> _del_opvnt from .libs/alloc_cpp.o
> make[4]: *** [libitm.la] Error 1

This is a completely different problem.  It looks like the code is
trying to use a linker map, which is not going to work with the Darwin
linker.  This looks like a bug in the libitm configury.  I don't see
it in the current bug database; please consider filing a bug report.
Thanks.

> However, if we had, I would have expected it to
> be
> done with exactly the same preconditions to ensure that stages 2 and 3 would
> match.

The preconditions are the  same in your GCC build: they are wrong both
times, and you are correcting them both times.

Ian