Low level file access

I'm a beginner am and wondering how to open a binary file, read a certain
amount of bytes from it and then write the data after proccesssing it into a
different file. I would like to use several threads and to make the data
transferable from on computer to another.
I've read the docs and am still unsure how to make my threads read the data
and replace it in the same order that they took it up from the original.
Further I have no idea how to write down part of an int.