Re: Are there an option to pass assembler option to lto wrapper?

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Konstantin Vladimirov
<konstantin.vladimirov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I am running:
>
> gcc -Wa,--some-custom-option
>
> everything is ok.
>
> But when I am running:
>
> gcc -flto -Wa,--some-custom-option
>
> then this option is not passed to assembler, when lto wrapper calls
> it. I need somehow pass this option to every assembler call, including
> calls under LTO.
>
> I am wondering:
>
> 1) Are there any standard way to do this? (question to gcc-help)
> 2) Can I do this, redefining some specs in my custom backend? (question to gcc)
>
> My experiments so far were in vain.

I don't think there is a way to do that.  The assembler options are already
split out by the GCC driver before invocating lto-wrapper with the linker
arguments.  You'd need to teach it to not do that.

Richard.