Re: questions about multilib support for mips

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM, mei yuhua <progmei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I meet many problems indeed.
> With default the GCC search the /usr/lib directory inside sysroot to link.
> I can install the glibc in /usr/lib, but if I want to use multilib,
> the glibc need some extra directory.
> As I know with the 64bit and 32bit libs can install into the
> /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib.
> But where to install the soft/hard float and big/little endian libs?

The multilib approach is to install the non-default libraries in
subdirectories of the install path.  GCC will then search
subdirectories before the main directory.  The subdirectories to
search will be chosen based on the command line options.

The /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib approach is not the standard GCC multilib approach.

Ian