Re: CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET / CXX_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET broken?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Christer Solskogen
<christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> That doesn't tell me anything by itself, sorry.  Normally
>> CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET at the top level should be passed down as CXXFLAGS
>> when building libstdc++-v3, and it sounds like that is not happening.
>> But that is more or less what we knew from the start.  What we don't
>> know is why it is not happening.
>>

> Well, it tells you that it does not being passed down. The question is
> have it ever? After the switch to compile gcc with g++, I mean.
> I tried again, without having set CXXFLAGS and CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET,
> but set CFLAGS and CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET instead. That went well.

I don't know for sure that it was ever passed down, no.  But when I
look at the top level Makefile.in, it looks to me like it does the
right thing.  All uses of CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET appear to have a matching
use of CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET, and vice-versa.

Ian