Disabling string table optimization

Hi

Consider the following C code:

int myfoo(void) {
}

int foo(void) {
}

If I look at the string table (.strtab) of the object file after
compiling this C code I will see only the string "myfoo", while the
symbol table will have two entries for two functions but different
index of the function name. The first will point to the letter 'm' and
the second to 'f'.

This is a neat optimization. The question is can it be disabled so I
will get two entries in the string table, one for each function?

Thx,
pM0n