Re: Error when building GCC 4.7.1 on hppa2.0-unknown-linux-gnu

On 2012-07-05 15:07:53 +0300, Kai Ruottu wrote:
> The '--with-*' options only advice the compile time linker to find
> the right libraries but don't do anything for the runtime
> situation...

Ah, OK. Why isn't this fixed, e.g. by adding --with-* paths to
the runpath of the generated executables needed for the build?

I'd say that the goal of the --with-* options is to provide the
paths when they are not in the default environment (including
the runtime linker).

> My thought is that gmp, mpfr and mpc are aimed to be built to be an
> additional part of the development/runtime system if built
> separately, if they are built with the GCC sources then they are
> aimed to be "only for GCC". I myself prefer to use the latter
> approach although it makes the GCC build process longer when gmp,
> mpfr and gmp are built from their sources each time.
>
> That they would be built with the GCC sources means in your case providing
> symlinks or links :
>
>   gcc-4.7.1/gmp ->  $src/gmp-latest
>   gcc-4.7.1/gmp ->  $src/mpfr-latest
>   gcc-4.7.1/gmp ->  $src/mpc-latest
>
> to point to their main src directories as subdirs 'gmp', 'mpfr' and
> 'mpc' in the main gcc-4.7.1 sources....

I'm currently trying the ./contrib/download_prerequisites method,
which is a bit similar.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>