Front end development question

Hello, I am working on a front end for GCC (and recently asked a question about the same front end). I have managed to compile and install my skeleton language but when I pass a file into gcc with my languages suffix the only thing that appears to happen is repeated calls to lang_specific_driver() in my spec.c file followed by an 'error: vfork: Operation timed out'. My lang_specific_driver() procedure is empty:

void lang_specific_driver (struct cl_decoded_option **in_decoded_options,
                      unsigned int *in_decoded_options_count,
                      int *in_added_libraries ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED) {
}

I've looked at several other front ends procedures to get some idea about what might be going wrong but I can't seem to find any problem here. What could be causing this procedure to happen multiple times and then crash? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Josh