Re: 4.7.1 on Solaris 10: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections

On 06/18/2012 08:09 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:

<snip build error>
I see the same error on Solaris 8/x86.

<snip example>
In this case, the fix is to add -fpic to the invocation. But in the
build logs I do see -fPIC, and it still fails, so I'm not sure if it's
really the same kind of problem.

Look closer in the buildlogs, you'll see that the objects that it is complaining about where not built with a pic flag.

The most likely candidate for having caused this break is this patch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commit;h=e8641b7435587c748491cc82c038ebcf41e6d4b6

It touches the picflags in the Ada subdir.

The fix is probably this commit that was made after 4.7.1 was tagged:
http://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commit;h=176ff0f9a1016553978d6cf41770703e2ad90958

I'm starting a build now with this patch included, but it will be some hours before I have a result.

-tgc