Re: Question about instrumenting gcc

Thank you, Ian. This way instrumenting works fine!

Cheers,
Reni

On 06/12/2012 06:41 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Renata Hodovan<hodovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

thank you very much your help. I redesigned __cyg_profile_enter and
__cyg_profile_exit functions and I stay in the right memory
interval. Furthermore I'm using now main_constructor and
main_destructor instead of start_test and end_test. The settings of
make also seem good, it creates the output of instrumentation that way
what I expected. But the compilation failed after a point because it
couldn't understand e.g. size_t in filenames.h and a lot of similar
errors in files what I haven't touched. I thought, since I add file IO
operations to the main.c or linking the instrument file to the
project, I distracted somehow the dependency. At this point I tried to
compile the gcc --disable-bootstrap but then the instrumentation flag
hadn't any results. What is the problem now? :S
When you configure with --disable-bootstrap, use CFLAGS rather than
BOOT_CFLAGS.  BOOT_CFLAGS only applies to stages 2 and 3.

I have no idea what the problem is when bootstrapping.  You would need
to provide more information.

Ian