Re: missing libraries under Kubuntu 12.04, 64 bit

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, geezers wrote:

Using the same make file that worked for years, but getting linker errors
for unresolved externals. The compilation gives me warnings about needing a
format string for fprintf, but that is because the format string used has no
'%' specifiers (I assume that is the reason it doesn't like the format
string) and about ignoring function return values. I was going to fix those
but decided to leave as is. Other than the warning messages, the compilation
gives no errors.

If you want advice on those, you should show the exact message and the code...

The relevant make file line is:

$(CC) -o $@ -ldl -rdynamic $(OBJS)

If A depends on B, put A before B on the line (A is $(OBJS) and B is -ldl).

I created links in /lib as:

Never do that!

--
Marc Glisse