RE: Regarding environment variable GCOV_PREFIX

Hi,

I have a problem in using GCOV_PREFIX environment variable.

Compiler version that I am using on build machine - gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)

I am compiling my source files (*.c) using "fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage" on system ABC (build machine)
which produces an executable, object files (corresponding to each source file) and gcno file
(corresponding to each source file) in the following location

/tmp/test/gcovrun/result

This location is mounted on to another system XYZ (test machine). On XYZ, when I execute the
executable, the same directory structure (/tmp/test/gcovrun/result) is expected for
creating *.gcda files.
But I do not want to create the same directory structure in my test machine.

I want to create a directory (/tmp/gcovfiles) in my test machine and I want gcda files to be
created in /tmp/gcovfiles location.

I tried using environment variables GCOV_PREFIX and GCOV_PREFIX_STRIP. But it did not have
any effect. May be I am not using it properly.

Could you please help?

Thanks,
Hinduja