Re: The sound of exceptions whooshing by....

On 31/01/2012, at 8:45 AM, david.hagood@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am having a strange C++ behavior, relating to exceptions.
>
> I have an exception thrown in a shared library (specifically, the ACE TAO
> CORBA libraries, libCosNaming.so).

Did you rebuilt the shared library with the 2009q3-67 release as well?  There are known (and fixed) bugs caused by incompatibilities between RealView-built libraries Sourcery G++-built executables.

Make sure that the library and the executable are compiled with no stray exception-related options like -fno-unwind-tables.

Another common source of uncaught exceptions is a C function on stack; any C code that may have to pass through C++ exceptions need to be compiled with additional options.

> Under an ARM build (running under Linux as well -
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67) 4.4.1), the
> exception goes whizzing by everybody and right to std::terminate().

If nothing else, you can try rebuilding both your application and your libraries with a more recent toolchain release, e.g., Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.03-41.

Hope this helps,

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics